I meant to be much more active about updating this blog, but sometimes life gets in the way. The past week didn't feel so busy, but in retrospective, a lot has happened and a decent amount has changed. This past Saturday, I ran the five-mile NYC pride race in Central Park, mere hours after gay marriage was legalized in New York — there was a pretty amazing energy in the park that morning, and on a personal level I was pumped, because that was the third time I had run more than a mile since October and the farthest I had run since hurting my foot in the fall. My time of 54:40 was hardly impressive, but it exceeded my expectations and I will be trying to motivate myself to run more frequently in the future. My boyfriend returned from a month-long vacation, so I spent the weekend moving him into his new apartment and explaining to him exactly why I'm following a new paleo lifestyle. My mom got back from a week at a spa/resort and decided she wanted to get healthy with my help, but that's going to be its own post. I got my LSAT score back (I did well) and started planning the next stage of law school application preparation. I threw out my scale, which is another post I'm working on. And through all that, I kept eating paleo, doing Crossfit and feeling better about my body.
The past few WODs have gone pretty well for me. It's hard to mark my standing against others when I usually have to scale some things, but I know that I'm improving my times and my weights, and that has to be my focus right now.
Monday WOD:
800m run
30 pull-ups
30 games-style push-ups
800m run
_________
14:17 as RXed. This was the first time I have ever done a workout with pull-ups RX.
Tuesday WOD:
12 minute AMRAP
3 clean and jerks - 85# was RX, I did 65#
15 wall balls - 14# was RX, I did 10#
________
7 rounds + 3 clean and jerks
Then I added 20 pounds to my bar and did one clean at 85 lbs. for a new PR!
Wednesday WOD:
10 front squats (75 lbs. - RX was 95)
20 burpees
10 front squats
20 burpees
10 front squats
_______
5:30. Pretty respectable time. Also shows I cannot estimate at all my performance at Crossfit: I was aiming for 7 minutes, and on the previous day's workout, I thought I could do 10 rounds (I did 7 and change), so there's one vast overshoot and one pretty sizable underestimation of my abilities. One of the trainers said my front squats on the last set needed to be a little lower, so I did five really solid ones after the WOD to get used to doing them below parallel when I'm tired.
Then:
200m sprint - 0:42
45-ish second break
200m sprint - 0:42
45-ish second break
200m sprint - 0:43
collapse
I don't DO sprinting. This was a painful one.
Not much of an update, but I have some things in the pipes that I'm hoping to crank out this week while procrastinating writing my personal statement for law school.
No comments:
Post a Comment