I wanted to repost my challenge recap from Nerd Fitness, since it's been pretty much my pride and joy of late.
________________
CHALLENGE RECAP
Dun dun dun...
Food goals
90% paleo - done. I even cut out the two foods (Greek yogurt and Cholula) that I'd made exceptions for in the challenge.
Carb percentages in the teens/below 80 grams - done. I think my carb percentages were in the teens just about every day this challenge, and with only a few exceptions I was below 80 grams. Partway through the challenge, I decided to aim for around 50 grams, which has been tougher, but I've been hovering in that general vicinity (except when I have a post-workout sweet potato, which is sometimes just necessary).
Fitness goals
Get a kipping pull-up - done.
Get to a skinnier band on my dead-hang pull-up - done. Didn't get to my sub-goal of getting a real pull-up, but that's going on the list next challenge.
Improve my deadlift 1RM from 185 lbs. to 210 lbs. - done. We haven't deadlifted since I got to 210, so I'm interested to see where I stand on that now.
Go to Crossfit classes at my new gym three times per week - done. So much Crossfit love.
MWOD three times per week - Epic fail. Haven't done an MWOD in several weeks. Adding a stretching goal to my next challenge - maybe I'll try taking baby steps towards MWODing regularly.
Life goals
Get rid of five bags of trash in my room - 5.5 baby! Done.
Get eight hours of sleep per night - fail. Sleep is probably the area I MOST need to work on now.
Set/stick to a monthly budget - budget made. Sticking to budget in progress. Splurged a little on books when I got my post-LSAT Kindle, but I'm now keeping expenditures to those I decide in advance to buy. Workout gloves, check. Cute new shoes, not happening.
Start reading for pleasure - definitely done. Love my Kindle.
Find a yoga studio - technically done but in reality a fail. The unspoken assumption was that once I found a studio I would start going to yoga, which has yet to happen. I will try to drag the boyfriend this weekend; maybe if I make it a date thing I'll be more likely to follow through.
Start watching my Netflix or cancel my subscription - done. I did start watching my Netflix AND I downgraded my plan to the one-DVD-at-a-time subscription.
Learn to ride a bike - done! Hoping to implement that new skill throughout the summer, which hasn't happened yet. I'm doing a staycation the first week of August, and I really want to incorporate as much movement as I possibly can: Hiking, biking, walking, Crossfit, yoga, dance and other cool things.
Challenge score: B+
I actually scored this like a report card - 4.0 for big successes, 0.0 for my big fat MWOD failure and in the middle for other things. It came out to a 3.28, or a solid B+ (which is, incidentally, a grade that is very familiar to me). What was most interesting for me about this challenge was how aggressively I tackled some of the flashier challenges - Crossfit, diet, lifting, etc. - while I let the ones that should help to maximize my health slide. Sleep, MWODs and yoga are not necessarily going to lead immediately to strength gains, but those kinds of goals are also really important, and I'm disappointed I wasn't more committed to them. I'm already thinking about the next challenge and figuring out how to work toward both the sexy and the less sexy goals in tandem. Overall, I'm very pleased with the way this challenge went, and I'm thrilled that there will be another one so soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment